Sr. Payroll Coordinator
Text "BloominBrandsJobs" to 25000 to apply to our team today!
The Sr. Payroll Coordinator has a working knowledge of payroll processing. This position will perform payroll processing activities including, but not limited to; entry and maintenance of time keeping edits, audits, adjustments, voluntary/involuntary deductions, and analysis of applicable payroll reports. The Sr. Payroll Coordinator will process Field Salary and/or Restaurant Support Center payrolls and process hourly payroll. This position, in general, is responsible for daily payroll processing functions and is a key contact for store personnel.
This role is based in our Tampa, FL Restaurant Support Center and will work in the office at least two days a week, so candidates should be local to Tampa Bay or be willing to relocate immediately.
- Accurate and timely payroll processing for Hourly and Salaried employees in the field and Restaurant Support Center
- Utilize UltiPro (UKG), UltiPro Time and Attendance and POSITOUCH (P.O.S.) system for time and attendance gathering
- Analyze all data received from the stores and JVP offices prior to transmitting to UltiPro (UKG) to ensure information is within acceptable ranges for sales, tips claimed, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 support for all cases assigned within ServiceNow inclusive of assisting store personnel in research and resolution of key payroll transactions
- Process and review manual pay checks to correct errors
- Lead review of pre-payroll reports for all hourly and salaried payrolls for errors and omissions
- Assist with weekly payroll processing and balancing which includes researching discrepancies and making corrections
- Generate and analyze reports extracted from key systems
- Assist store personnel and accounting staff in research and resolution of payroll transactions as needed
- Prepare and complete all special payroll processing/balancing/reporting as assigned by Payroll Manager/Director
- Assist in the development, implementation and documentation of improvements for internal processes
- Analyze transactions for regulatory compliance in accordance with policies, procedures, and federal/state laws including FLSA
- Cultivate and maintain strong customer service relationships with external/internal personnel and peers
- Provide timely escalation to Manager, to ensure timely issue resolution
- Adheres to Payroll internal audit control processes (Sarbanes Oxley Act- SOX); including payroll balancing and net checks over a specified threshold procedure
- Adhere to company Policies and Procedures
- Provide feedback and make recommendations for improvements to applicable forms/tools and processes
- Ability to lead special projects, including completing and writing test scenarios, as assigned
- Stays abreast of multi-state regulatory requirements and company policies
- Maintain confidentiality with all payroll information
- Practices and adheres to the "P and B’s" - Principals and Beliefs philosophy
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager/Director
- High School diploma or GED required
- Advanced degree considered a plus
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) required
- Minimum 5-7 years payroll processing experience
- Proficiency in using UltiPro (UKG) required
- Experience in a consolidated, multi-state payroll environment preferred
- Previous payroll processing within a restaurant environment highly desired and considered a plus
- Strength in using Excel and other MS Office Suite applications
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Organization - proactively prioritizes assigned responsibilities and works efficiently
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely with peers, leadership and customers
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems; including an understanding of internal controls within a consolidated payroll processing environment
This position will be in-person two days per week. In-person employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.