Senior Paralegal (Real Estate)
The Senior Paralegal, Real Estate will provide support and assistance to the Director, Senior Counsel, Real Estate. This position is responsible for preparing and reviewing legal documents required in facilitating and consummating all real estate transactions and coordinating and providing updates on pending real estate transactions and disputes. Position acts as a primary liaison between the legal department and the corporate development and asset management departments. Experience in the restaurant industry or a related hospitality industry is a plus.
* Assist in drafting and reviewing legal documents required in facilitating and consummating all real estate transactions, including but not limited to leases, licenses, purchases, sales, amendments, lease terminations and rent restructures.
* Coordinate, assemble and review due diligence in connection with all real estate transactions.
* Coordinate all real estate documents for execution, including assembly and review of all lease exhibits and preparation of lease abstracts and assist with all post-closing obligations after the lease, sale or acquisition of properties.
* Oversee the recording of all necessary legal documents, including but not limited to Restrictive Covenants, Memorandums of Lease and Subordination, Non-Disturbance & Attornment Agreements.
* Review title documents and surveys and summarize impact, if any on leased and owned real estate.
* Assist with day-to-day legal issues related to declarations, reciprocal easement agreements, commercial leases, utility easements and other agreements.
* Work cross-functionally with teams to mitigate legal risk and to ensure compliance related to real estate transactions and development.
* Assist other teams and perform other duties as assigned.
* Approximately 7 to 10 years in a paralegal position required, experience specializing in the area of commercial real estate transactions for in-house legal department, preferrably.
* Legal knowledge and expertise related to real estate transactions and developments, especially contractual terminology, concepts and requirements.
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills applied to complex legal challenges.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* High attention to detail with qualitative and quantitative data required.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a team as well as to work independently.
* Maintain a high level of confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion.
* Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and Adobe Acrobat, required.
* Bachelor’s degree is preferred, as well as extended education in real estate law.
* Legal Assistant or Paralegal Certificate, preferred.