Senior Financial Analyst - Outback Steakhouse
The Senior Financial Analyst of FP&A for the Outback finance team is a key role that supports our planning and forecasting activities at Outback Steakhouse. This individual, in partnership with the Director of FP&A, will support the development of
financial plans, forecasting, month-end activities, and P&L analysis of business performance. This role will also focus on providing decision support for key initiatives critical to delivering financial results for the Brand.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Support corporate forecast requirements through cross functional partnerships with both business and finance support teams to accurately forecast a balanced view of both potential risks and business opportunities.
- Generate insight, providing accurate interpretation of financial data and providing insights that tell the financial story of the business.
- Provide analytical / modeling support to key business initiatives that balance investment risks with anticipated returns to ensure efficient use of both capital and operational expenses.
- Prepare presentation ready materials containing both financial and operational metrics that focus on identifying drivers of performance.
- Assist with Budget preparation, supporting overhead planning processes for Corporate Overhead, and overseeing the input of key assumptions within the Enterprise Planning System for Annual Plans and Periodic Forecast updates.
- Monitor Month End accounting processes to understand variances between actual and expected outcomes. Analyze forecast variances and communicate drivers of variance to Leadership.
- Leverage Technology to support automation of reporting and improve access to information that guides the decision making of key business partners.
- Supports the Outback Culture by actively supporting our Restaurants, partners effectively with Market Level leadership, and teaches / re-enforces business acumen through Ops leadership.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned.
II. Required / Requested Skills
- 3+ years experience in FP&A / Corporate Finance, preferably in the restaurant or retail industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement presentation
- Ability to analyze and problem solve with a high level of intellectual curiosity that leverages a strong statistical background
- Independent and self-motivated with a proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to varying audiences.
- Willingness and tact to challenge status quo ideas.
- Technical expertise leveraging Microsoft Office (advanced Excel / PowerPoint), familiarity with Essbase, and working knowledge of data visualization and dashboard development in Power BI.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required