Senior Corporate Accountant
The Corporate Accounting team at Bloomin' Brands is responsible for accounting, reporting and analysis of domestic, international, corporate and consolidated results. Working in a dynamic environment with a wide range of scope, enables team members on this team to gain experience in both operational and technical accounting transactions.
This Senior Accountant is responsible for the analysis and review of General Ledger activities, preparation of financial statement consolidations and supporting all internal and external reporting needs in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepares consolidated GAAP financial statements; including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Prepares flux analysis on corporate, concept and/or consolidated financial statements.
- Prepares month end close accruals, reconciliations, roll forwards, and various account analyses.
- Prepares financial reporting requests for 10Q/K and internal/external audit.
- Performs control activities and works with internal auditors to ensure SOX compliance.
- Communicates with Internal and External Auditors.
- Assists in development and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists in development of corporate operating plans and monthly financial forecasts, as needed
- Reviews significant contracts and transactions to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Answers questions by researching and interpreting data in SAP (ECC & BPC).
- Performs research on accounting guidance and new accounting pronouncements as needed and documents conclusions and findings.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Ad hoc requests and projects as necessary.
- Bachelor's in Accounting is required
- CPA is highly preferred
- 2-5 years accounting experience, required. Former Big 4 is a plus.
- General understanding of accounting software applications, required. SAP is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of US GAAP, required.
- Possesses strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills