Product Quality Analyst (Supply Chain)
As part of the Corporate Supply Chain team, this position is responsible for the product quality function of designated suppliers and/or products. Incumbents will be responsible for maintaining open lines of communication cross functionally to ensure consistency, quality assurance and overall products produced by the Suppliers of Bloomin’ Brands Inc.
This role will be based in our Tampa Restaurant Support Center and would work a hybrid (mix of onsite and remote) work schedule. Candidate must be able/willing to travel approximately 40-50%.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Product Evaluations / Continuous improvement (30%)
* Conduct regular product evaluations/cuttings on assigned products to monitor supplier quality performance while providing feedback to participating supplier facilities as well as key functional internal groups.
* Partnering with Procurement, Quality Assurance and other business units within BBI, act as a subject matter expert for designated products.
* As required, provide support and input to the R&D and procurement teams in the development of new ingredients or products
* Identify areas where products/ingredients need improvement.
Product Specification Monitoring & Product Management (40%)
* Monitor and maintain category specs up to date and accurate and ensure specs meet compliance
* Support the product quality KPI’s / performance relationship; assuring that the supplier can uphold spec requirements
* Maintain, upload and manage product specifications in the BBI QA software platform to ensure capture of product risk attributes for analysis
* Provide training and support to quality assurance team on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes
Product Support & SCARS Tracking & Reports (30%)
* Support supplier corrective actions (SCARS) in response to major incidents, trending quality issues, or other customer complaints, emergency approvals and product shelf-life extensions
* Assist operations and local quality function in tracking, documenting, and reporting quality levels
* Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure Assist by providing support related development problem solving and troubleshooting quality issues as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree, in food science, supply chain, operations or related field.
* Background in food manufacturing, product management, and troubleshooting.
* Related education and/or certifications in Auditing or Quality Processes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good computer skills with working knowledge of the MS Office suite.
* Ability to flex work schedule outside of normal business hours and travel with minimal notice.
* Ability to travel up to 40 - 50%
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 211289_20230223