Leave Coordinator/Legal Operations Analyst
The Legal Operations Analyst will support the day-to-day activities and projects of the Employment and Litigation teams within the Legal Department, with focus on administering the Leave of Absence process and optimizing the performance of data entry, matter and data management and eBilling in Legal Department technology platforms. The Analyst will gather data, files, and/or pull reports for responses to requests for information. This person will support the Legal Operations Supervisor in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities in the department’s processes and technology platforms and will support staff-attorney needs.
This role is based in our Tampa Restaurant Support Center and may work a hybrid schedule (minimum of three days/week onsite).
- Facilitate the LOA Management Process; including the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with
- Disabilities Act (ADA), Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Act (USERRA), and other leave types required by federal/state/local law and company policy.
- Communicate with Team Members requesting LOAs regarding the eligibility requirements and documentation needed for LOA approvals
- Communicate with HR Managers and business partners in the field regarding Team Members’ LOA status and return to work accommodations with input from company legal counsel
- Work with company legal counsel to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local labor and employment laws and regulations as pertains to LOAs and workplace accommodations.
- Handle intake, process set up of incoming matters, and maintain data within various Legal Department technology platforms
- Request checks, process payments, and maintain payment data
- Communicate with outside counsel and assist with identifying, researching and resolving eBilling issues
- Enter and maintain legal holds for litigation matters
- Support team members and staff attorneys with performance of administrative matters, as needed, including scanning/filing, calendaring, and scheduling
- Compile, review and distribute regular and ad hoc reports to various business owners, including assembling new reports as identified by business needs
- Prepare and document processes allowing continuous improvement and streamlining efficiencies and productivity, updating current process documents as necessary
- Collaborate and build relationships with cross-functional teams including HR, accounting, business development, and IT, as well as various other business units
- College degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years of administrative, legal assistant, paralegal or comparable legal administration role (previous law firm experience a plus) with emphasis on leave of absence administration
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with limited instruction
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements, especially ADA, FMLA, and USERRA
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources for responses to requests for information
- Ability to input data with extreme consistency and low error
- Strong time management and able to manage a high volume of time-sensitive issues
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams
- Preferred experience with relevant legal, project management and operational tools (ideally including Legal Tracker, ZDiscovery, EthicsPoint, DocuSign, and GEMS)
- Excellent analytical, proofreading, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written) with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion and strict confidentiality
- Essential characteristics include organizational and follow-up skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and willingness to learn and take on unfamiliar projects