Instructional Design Intern
Junior and Senior level undergraduates and Master’s students are eligible for consideration for our Tampa 2024 internship program. Students are required to be available for the entirety of the program with the orientation date of May 20th and the end date of August 9th. Weekly hours differ per role and all candidates must be local to Tampa throughout the 12-week internship.
Our ideal intern is interested in the hospitality and restaurant industry and is excited to have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in designing, developing, and implementing impactful training programs within BBI’s Restaurant concepts. The Field Training and Development Intern is pursuing a master’s degree in Instructional Design or related field and can clearly and enthusiastically transfer study topics to practice. This is a hands-on, real-world opportunity with exposure to current industry trends, activities and strategies that will allow the intern to learn a variety of training, design, and implementation strategies and functions.
PRIMARY PROJECTS / TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists Field Training & Development team in creating materials and programs in the form of
videos, modules, courses, and print collateral for training projects.
* Collaborates with a cross-functional team to support ongoing updates of training materials.
* Curates and edits existing content in the form of video, print, and eLearning.
* Researches and identifies learning activities and technologies that can be incorporated in training
* Participates in collecting and organizing feedback on existing training programs and materials.
* Contributes ideas to inspire innovative learning design of training programs.
* Master-degree level student in Instructional Design and Technology or related area of study.
* Able to work effectively as part of a team.
* Creative, curious, and flexible.
* Able to quickly gain proficiency in new learning methods and technologies.
* Demonstrates strong innovation skills and personal initiative.
* Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
* Able to work independently.
* Restaurant experience preferred