Director of Construction
The Director of Construction will lead a team of Construction Managers and direct all construction-related real activities for New restaurants and Remodels. You will oversee all aspects of cost, quality, scope, and schedule.
- Directly manage 4-5 Construction Project Managers.
- Responsible for collaborating with Construction project managers, Assistant project managers, Site development, Legal, Property management, Real Estate and Design throughout project process.
- Ensure professional and technical competence for all construction-related resources, both internal and external.
- Collaborate with Internal and External team members on innovative opportunities that create cost savings, quality enhancements, and schedule adherence.
- Manage Fiscal year budget and manage within that budget on a per-restaurant basis throughout the year including creating project forecasts to plan budget.
- Ensure the on-time delivery of construction project schedules within approved budget allocations following company prototype standards and specifications.
- Ensure internal controls are established and adhered to for bidding and contracting processes.
- Conduct periodic site visits to monitor compliance with prototype standards and specifications and schedule adherence.
- Manage bi-weekly reporting on all new restaurant and remodel construction projects.
- Conduct reporting and analytical assessments on key performance indicators, including cost, quality, and schedule.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum 5 years’ experience or 10 years of related construction project management experience.
- 10 years of experience directly managing an internal team.
- Experience in construction project management at the technical and strategic levels. Experience identifying operational issues and recommending/implementing strategies to resolve.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction documents, general legal documents including leases and contracts, and to effectively negotiate price and contractual agreements with external vendors, contractors, etc.
- Experience creating and managing construction budgets and change orders.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and scheduling programs (e.g. MS Project) and Expesite preferred.
The Director, Design will primarily work in the BBI Restaurant Support Center (RSC) located in Tampa, FL.