Design Project Manager
The Design Project Manager is a hands on role, with limited supervision. This individual will be responsible for producing construction documents and implementing them across prototype, in-line and conversion restaurant projects. This position will ensure the construction drawings and designs are completed on time by outside consultants and adhere to established specifications and standards. This individual is also familiar with a variety of restaurant design concepts, practices, and procedures at a detailed and high level.
The Design Project Manager is responsible for managing and collaborating with both internal and external teams. Teams include but are not limited to Operations, Architects, General Contractors, MEP Consultants, and Construction Project Managers.
- Manages multiple projects from initial design concept through budget approval and final completion.
- Organizes and coordinates all aspects of design using both internal and external resources
- Interface with other teams (Operations, Real Estate, Property Management, Site Development, Construction, Purchasing, etc.) to adapt Brand design standards to specific sites.
- Provides schematic plans, elevations, renderings and design development details.
- Identify and implement space effective designs in the front of house with an emphasis on operational effectiveness and maximized seating capacity.
- Highly efficient at producing design development drawings.
- Review Construction documents for accuracy and design intent.
- Coordinate planning/permitting functions with outside Architects and internal Site Development Managers.
- Provides and/or approves shop drawings of proposed elements, equipment, etc. accompanied with full details.
- Responsible for managing consultant professional fees, schedules and performance.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Interior Design, or Architecture required.
- Licensed design professional preferred.
- 7-10 years of restaurant or closely related design experience, required.
- 7-10 years of experience collaborating with internal and external design professionals on multiple projects, exhibits strong desire for accuracy and a high attention to detail.
- 5-7 years of AutoCAD and/or Revit drafting experience related to casual dining restaurants and architectural design, required.
- Experience creating and implementing restaurant designs nationwide.
- Knowledge of architectural office practices.
- Demonstrated desire and concern to stay abreast of evolving design and construction means and methods through continuing education programs and other informational sources.
- Ability to adapt to changing business environments, solve problems and take advantage of opportunities to minimize project costs, maintain production and construction schedules.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a proven ability to manage a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Possess a strong customer service background.