Working as part of our Cybersecurity Team, the Cybersecurity Engineer will work independently and have accountability for deploying tools, improving security posture, and helping with compliance as we work towards Cybersecurity certifications. In this role, the Cybersecurity Engineer will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and will require a strong sense of accountability.
- Implements, administers, and maintains security tools and processes, to include: SIEM, EDR, MFA, Vulnerability scans, etc.
- Follows and improves policy documentation and procedures.
- Analyzes vulnerabilities, attacks, or threats to determine risk, adversary intent, and prioritize mitigation or response.
- Owns resolution of security issues related to security vulnerabilities, incidents, and threats.
- Recommends containment, eradication, and recovery measures for any observed attack or breach. Combines industry expertise with a thorough understanding of information and security technology to direct development of vulnerability remediation or mitigation plans.
- Develop custom programs and scripts to enhance off-the-shelf products or established tools.
Required Experience and Skills
- In-depth understanding of Cyber and IT security risks, threats, and prevention measures.
- In-depth understanding of one or more of the following:
- Off-the-shelf vulnerability assessment products and tools.
- Network security devices (firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS, etc.).
- Platform and application-layer penetration testing techniques.
- Compliance with PCI, SOX, etc.
- Dynamic and static malware analysis techniques.
- Network security monitoring.
- Memory analysis techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Technical Cybersecurity Certification through one of the recognized bodies preferred: SANS, ISACA, (ICS)2, CompTIA, Cisco, CERT etc.
- Typically, 4+ years of relevant experience.