Corporate Communications Specialist - Temporary to Hire
The Corporate Communications Specialist is a key member of the Corporate Affairs team who helps shape and deliver compelling internal and external communications and content through our communications channels. The specialist will ensure engaging, clear, accurate, and timely communication using the appropriate channel for the audience. The Corporate Communications Specialist takes pride in supporting the communication needs of BBI and its family of brands. The specialist works closely both within their small team and interacting with all levels of the BBI Organization including external vendors and partners in our community. The specialist supports the team to implement messages that reflect our commitment
to Our People, amplify our culture, and exceed our business objectives.
The Corporate Communications Specialist is a highly motivated self-starter who works with minimal direction in a fast-paced
environment and is comfortable with shifting priorities and meeting tight deadlines. The specialist must have a knack for digital communications tools and experience with graphic design and some video content creation. A successful specialist works well both individually and collaboratively with the team and other company functions.
The role is based in our Tampa Restaurant Support Center(RSC) and eligible for hybrid schedule consideration.
Plan and Execute Communications Channels & Supporting Projects (50%)
· BBI Intranet - create, manage, update, and keep material fresh.
· BBI Website - oversee, write, proofread, edit and publish content.
· Internal Monitors - oversee, create messaging and graphics.
· Bloomin’ Brands LinkedIn - maintain editorial calendar and content creation.
· Photography - headshots, in-restaurant shoots, etc.
· Video Production - plan, coordinate, and create for internal and external use.
· Company Calendar - oversee and update.
· Special Projects - as needed.
Miscellaneous Department Support (40%)
· Virtual Meetings Implementation
· Media and Community Relations Reporting
· Research Projects
· Writing & Media Relations support
· Administrative Duties
Digital Media (10%)
· Social media - research and analysis to support crisis management.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations
· Availability to flex in support of tight deadlines or provide off hours/weekend support, as needed.
· Work primarily in the Tampa, FL Restaurant Support Center (RSC), position is available for hybrid scheduling, as appropriate.
· Some overnight travel might be necessary.
· Collaborative, Restaurant-first focus
· Execute with integrity, accountability, and respect.
· A portfolio of previous work experience submitted upon request.
· One to three years of digital communication experience
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task, including multiple projects with competing deadlines under minimal supervision.
· Strong research skills on current and emerging digital communication trends and channels
· Effective navigation of cross-functional relationships with executive, staff, and cross-functional teams
· Team player who cultivates innovation and embraces change.
· Ability to remain calm and level-headed under pressure, especially on short deadlines.
· Strong oral and written communication skills across a variety of channels (emails, live meetings, video, online
· Experience leading key projects or tasks.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
· Intermediate graphic design and photography editing skills.
· Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
· Working knowledge of website content management systems (Sitefinity preferred), analytics, and design.
· Experience creating and editing short-form video content.
· Ability to learn new communications and media platforms.