Corporate Claims Manager
The Corporate Claims Manager is responsible for managing and providing oversight for all aspects of workers compensation, liability and property claims programs. This leader will direct all claims related vendors including third-party administrators (TPA), external legal counsel, medical case managers and various other ancillary service providers. The position is also expected to analyze claims data, conduct loss prevention and claims management educational programs, coordinate quarterly claim reviews with service providers, and develop effective programs to minimize loss.
This role is based in our Tampa Restaurant Support Center and candidates should be local to the Tampa Bay market.
* Daily interaction with all levels of TPA personnel. Responsible for communicating and enforcing specific claim handling instruction and BBI’s philosophical approach to claims.
* Responsible for compliance with all relevant laws, statutes, and jurisdictional regulations. Develop metrics to track performance.
* Develop and implement effective claim reporting procedures for internal and external stakeholders.
* Design and communicate claim management protocols for all service providers.
* Manage activities of all service providers including attorneys, physicians, brokers, carriers, third-party administrators, managed care organizations, hospital facilities, etc. Clearly communicate expectations and track compliance.
* Monitor and ensure appropriate reserve on individual claims based on information available at all points in time.
* Establish periodic diary dates on all cases in excess of $25,000.
* Personally, attend all relevant civil proceedings including trials, mediations, arbitrations and depositions.
* Provide meaningful and actionable reports to senior-level management on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
* Establish managed care protocols to mitigate the costs and ensure delivery of quality medical call to all injured employees.
* Create and maintain an occupational medical network.
* Assist in the coordination of loss prevention programs to reduce accident frequency.
* Conduct claim management educational presentations to reduce accident frequency and mitigate loss.
* Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
* Florida adjuster’s license or 2-20 preferred
* Advanced designation of CPCU or ARM preferred
* 7+ years of professional experience required
* Advanced working knowledge of commercial insurance coverage types, products, and uses
* Experience working with carriers, third-party administrators, litigators and medical providers
* Broad understanding of techniques to mitigate loss
* Advanced working knowledge of claims management systems and reporting
* Ability to negotiate terms of agreements with outsourced entities and representatives relating to the liability claims process
* Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* Must possess personal commitment to integrity, achievement of departmental and business results and outstanding customer service, both internal and external
* Positive attitude and professional demeanor
* Proficient in MS Excel; and MS Word