Compensation Manager - Tampa
The Compensation Manager serves as a key resource to the HR department, providing technical expertise and guidance to HR partners regarding compensation issues and practices. This role also provides supports in the areas of executive compensation program administration, preparation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings, preparation of Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A) section of the annual proxy and other compensation requests from our Field locations.
Corporate and Field Compensation Duties:
- Consults with HR and Talent Partners on compensation matters and practices, including field hourly and management salary benchmarking and partner bonus structure.
- Evaluates and recommends compensation actions for employees, including new hire proposals and internal promotion and adjustment proposals by considering both competitive and equitable methodology toward internal and external factors.
- Implements and administers base pay and incentive compensation programs, including job classification and job family structures, job pricing criteria and compensation structures.
- Oversees annual projects such as annual merit increase process and short-term incentive processes.
- Maintains and Develops salary structure and administrative guidelines in accordance with compensation policy.
- Assists in special compensation projects, including development of new and redesign of existing rewards programs by providing insight and analytical skills to evaluate impacts and effects of changes to existing programs
- Produces a variety of competitive, financial and statistical analyses in support of global compensation design efforts.
- Develops training programs to communicate new or revised compensation programs.
- Reviews and analyzes data, prepare summary reports and present findings to Senior HR Leadership and other Executive Leaders.
Executive Compensation Duties:
- Assists with CD&A preparation, including drafting of key tables
- Partners with finance, accounting and legal to ensure proper disclosure, accounting and audit requirements are met.
- Provides support and data for SEC filings, including annual report and proxy
- Manages the preparation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings and organizes internal reviews.
- Support all aspects of the long-term incentive (LTI) plan, including stock options, restricted shares/cash and performance awards.
- Provides oversight into the stock plan administration provider relationship.
- Administers 10B5-1 plans.
- Acts as point person for equity transactions and coordination between stock plan participants, stock plan administration provider, legal, finance & accounting, tax & treasury, HR, and IT.
*Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance or related field, required.
*Master's degree, preferred.
*CCP or CEP certification, preferred.
*5-8 years of combined accounting, finance or compensation experience, 2-5 years of which should be executive compensation experience in a public company.
*Experience in Multi-Unit retail or hospitality compensation programs preferred.
*Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
*Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
*Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
*Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
*Strong understanding of state and federal laws, regulations and statutes relating to compensation.
*Experience successfully managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders with a track record of delivering on-time, high quality results.
*Possess high degree of independent decision making and problem-solving capabilities.